- preparation time
- 1 C Sour Cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz jar of salsa verde
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Need ingredients to assemble the chicken enchiladas (shells, pulled chicken, Mozzarella cheese, pickled onions, pico, cilantro)
- In a nonreactive saucepan, over medium heat add olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté about 7 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add salsa verde, cumin and cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is melted. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the sour cream, lime zest and juice and cilantro.
- Serve over everything!
Can serve with favorite chicken enchiladas recipe with pico, pickled onions and cilantro over the top. Sour cream on side with lime wedges. Sour cream thinned out with lime juice and drizzled on top.
This culinary creation features
Stella® Feta Cheese